This week, the U.S. Treasury Department began sending out economic impact – or stimulus – payments, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, some people may have to wait weeks or months to receive their payments by mail. With its Trans@ct by 7-Eleven® Prepaid Mastercard®, 7-Eleven, Inc. provides a convenient solution to under- and un-banked individuals and families to help them receive these much-needed funds faster1 than a paper check.
The Trans@ct by 7-Eleven® Prepaid Mastercard® offers cardholders an alternative to brick-and-mortar banks, and can receive direct deposit payments such as government benefits or paychecks. After registration and activation, all funds loaded onto Trans@ct by 7-Eleven card accounts are FDIC-insured. To facilitate stimulus payments, the U.S. Treasury Department is setting up a web portal to allow individuals to update their direct deposit information.* The web portal will be available as early as this week, and Trans@ct by 7-Eleven cardholders can update their account information to receive their stimulus checks via direct deposit sooner, rather than waiting to receive the payments in the mail.
“7-Eleven continues to look for ways to help our customers as they face hardships brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said 7-Eleven President and CEO Joe DePinto. “We know a large number of Americans will need access to their checks as soon as possible, and we want to meet that need.”
Customers can purchase a Trans@ct by 7-Eleven card at participating 7-Eleven® stores, or they can apply online at https://www.transact711.com/. After customers complete enrollment, they will receive account information that can be used to update direct deposit information.
Here are some of the benefits of the Trans@ct by 7-Eleven® Prepaid Mastercard®.
- Reloadable – Money can be loaded onto the card at any 7-Eleven store.2
- No cost ATM – Cash withdrawals at Allpoint Network ATMs in 7-Eleven stores, or any ATM with a Trans@ct by 7-Eleven logo, are fee-free.3
- Shop – Use wherever Debit Mastercard is accepted – online, over the phone and in stores.
- Mobile app – Access account information in the Trans@ct by 7-Eleven Mobile App or in the Online Account Center, and track spending, check deposits and account balance.4
- Bill pay – Pay bills using the Trans@ct by 7-Eleven Mobile App, online at www.transact711.com, as well as at any 7-Eleven store.5
- Load checks with phone – Use iPhone or Android smartphone camera to load checks onto the card account with the Mobile App.6
- Text alerts – Anytime Alerts™ can be set up to send a text or email after every transaction.4
- Earn rewards – Regular use of a Trans@ct by 7-Eleven account earns waived fees and 7Rewards® loyalty program members can link their account to the Trans@ct by 7-Eleven card to earn points that can be redeemed for 7-Eleven merchandise.
1 Faster access claim is based on comparison of a disbursement via direct deposit vs. disbursement via a mailed paper check. For further information, visit www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments.
2 Fee may be assessed by reload location and may vary from location to location.
3 There is no cost for ATM transactions performed at Allpoint or Trans@ct ATMs at participating 7-Eleven locations. Look for the Allpoint or Trans@ct logo or visit www.Transact711.com for a list of participating 7-Eleven locations. A $2.50 fee applies for each cash withdrawal made at all other domestic ATMs, plus the ATM operator’s fee, which may vary from ATM to ATM. There are other costs, terms, and conditions associated with the use and reloading of this Card Account.
4 We do not charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
5 Bill payments may be subject to fee. Details about bill payment methods are available in the Online Account Center.
*For more information on the stimulus payments, visit www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments