Mobile payment, whether you use it for paying your bills or transferring money to someone or to pay for your food and essentials, is continuing to make a deeper impact across multiple industries. From banking to retail stores to travel and transport to restaurants and food chains, app developers are increasingly using mobile payment solutions as for many industries and business niches.
In the restaurant and retail industry, the impact of mobile payment has mainly been huge. Here when explaining the effect in the context of the restaurant industry, we have to unveil all the promises of this new and customer-friendly payment technology. From the doorstep food delivery services run by the restaurant aggregators like Uber Eats and Zomato to the major food chains and restaurants, everywhere the mobile payment solutions now have a bigger role to play than ever before.
The impact on customer experience and the bottom-line
The mobile payment solutions like the mobile wallets working in sync with the latest Point of Sale (POS) devices, smart sensors and beacon technology are promising to bring the next big revolution to the customer experience in the restaurant sector. In this respect, we must have a look at the key impacts and outcomes of incorporating mobile payment into restaurant business processing, whether for in-restaurant payment or for online payments. Here are the vital positive impacts.
- Faster and almost instant payment processing without least delay.
- Reliable payment solutions based upon most sophisticated authentication involving geometric data, fingerprint, multi-step verification, instant OTP messages, etc.
- An Omnichannel customer experience for the customers by allowing them to pay through their handheld devices anytime anywhere.
- Improved customer experience helping to improve the sales and order volume.
- Smarter payment methods are likely to make excellent value addition to the smart brand image of the modern restaurant and food chains.
- Far better competitive standing as most restaurants and consumer food brands are embracing mobile payment solutions and mobile wallets.
Omni-Channel Experience Strategy and Mobile Wallets
From Online to Offline (O2O) in retail and shopping to the connected supply chain management solutions allowing every stakeholder to remain in sync, in more ways than one delivering an omnichannel experience breaking apart the divide between different facets of business has become important for various industry niches.
While this omnichannel experience is bound to get popular over time, mobile payment is playing a significant role behind this. Mobile wallets allowing people to pay online while ordering food in a restaurant or taking food delivery at doorstep, offer the big promise to introduce omnichannel experience in the restaurant and food chain industry.
Even the so called marketing tricks and promotions can be incorporated in a streamlined manner within the omnichannel business process with the help of mobile payment solutions. Mobile payment solutions are now be built by app developers to work with marketing logic and promotional attributes, and this can help customers avail the offers and discounts right through the mobile wallets while making payment.
How mobile payment solutions can transform restaurant experience?
While restaurants and food chains always tried their hard to provide customers with the best quality food and services, in recent times the service quality has gained a new significance because of the smart payment methods like the mobile wallets. These days’ customers also look forward to restaurant services equipped with smart capabilities like the location technologies, real-time delivery updates, mobile wallets, etc. Among these new capabilities, mobile payment particularly holds greater importance as it works across all types of restaurant and food delivery businesses.
Let us have a brief look at the key ways mobile payment solutions can enhance the customer experience.
- Pay through mobile right at the table: This is the easiest way mobile payment can add value to the customer experience in a fine-dining restaurant or bar. By allowing customers to pay right at the table through mobile wallets restaurants can ensure optimum convenience by cutting short the entire process of taking cards, issuing bills and several steps.
- Mobile payment at the counter: When restaurants and bars allow customers making the payment for the orders right at the counter by using mobile wallets, it becomes equally convenient for the sitting-in customers as well as the self-pick customers. This will also help many restaurants to allow self-service ordering with the provision of making payment through mobile wallets.
- Self-picking online orders: Mobile payment also offers you the flexibility of ordering food items online and picking the delivery right from the restaurant when the food is ready and prepared.
- Doorstep delivery: With mobile payment solutions taking care of the payment processing, the food chains, delivery restaurants and food aggregator services can have more streamlined and quicker processing.
A rewarding customer experience is a key
Mobile payment solutions play a crucial role in the restaurants and food chains by taking care of the payment processing responsible for taking a lot of time. Just think of paying online for your food orders through an app by using net banking or credit or debit cards. Though online, all these payment solutions requiring authentication, multi-step verification and filling up crucial information may actually a considerable amount of time.
This is exactly where mobile payment solutions come as effective and more efficient alternatives. By putting some money in your mobile wallets or in the wallet provided by the restaurant app you can actually cut short the entire payment process and make the payment almost instantly. The benefit of this faster processing is that simply for the advantage of making order instantly, and customers can stick to a restaurant app.
Mobile payment solutions will continue to grow influential for all consumer-focused industries, including restaurants, food chains and food delivery businesses. With the huge impact on customer experience and business output, more restaurants and food businesses will embrace mobile payment. If in the last few years, mobile wallets and digital payment solutions have largely been adopted by the big brand food chains and fine dining restaurants, in the coming years’ small businesses will focus on embracing smarter payment solutions.
Juned Ghanchi is the co-founder and marketing strategies at India based mobile app development company – IndianAppDevelopers, where he crafts super smart inbound marketing strategies, which generate leads and company revenues.