Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s Viewpoint: Prepaid Mobile Phone Market 2021: Key Trends and Use Cases
5 Key Trends in the U.S. Prepaid Mobile Phone Market:
- New data-only prepaid mobile plans.
- Government funding gives a boost.
- Ongoing consolidation among prepaid mobile phone providers.
- More competitive plans than ever before.
- Growing numbers of children are getting cell phones.
The prepaid mobile phone market is marked by intense competition and gradual, sustained growth. Prepaid mobile plans have evolved to incorporate a broad array of compelling features, while remaining more flexible and affordable than postpaid alternatives.
This viewpoint describes the history of the U.S. prepaid mobile phone market, examines key trends within the market, and highlights opportunities within the space.