Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s Viewpoint: Acquirer Market Spotlight: Sports and E-sports Betting
6 Top U.S. Sports Betting Markets in 2020 by Betting Handle:
- New Jersey was the top sports betting market in 2020, with $6.02 billion in sports betting handle.
- In second was Nevada, with $4.28 billion in sports betting handle.
- In third was Pennsylvania, with $3.58 billion in sports betting handle.
- In fourth was Illinois, with $1.88 billion in sports betting handle.
- In fifth was Indiana, with $1.77 billion in sports betting handle.
- Rounding out the top six was Colorado, with $1.19 billion in sports betting handle.
Rapid growth in sports betting is gaining attention not only from investors and regulators but in the world of banking and fintech too. Even though the regulatory environment is friendlier, there are still risks in servicing this nascent industry.