Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower left corner of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for this episode of Truth In Data provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s report – Blockchain B2B Is Starting to Turn the Corner
- Not many executives have actually used blockchain in corporate payments, only 5% to “some extent”
- Only 1% of execs claim extensive blockchain implementations
- However, knowledge & expectations among execs is high: 56% expect an impact in efficiency
- 30% of corporate payment professionals are unable to assess any impact of blockchain
- 78% of corporate payment professionals have no plans to implement blockchain
- Mercator identifies 3 high level uses for blockchain in B2B:
- Cross border payments
- Trade Services
- Risk Management
About the report
The scale remains small, but blockchain technology is moving beyond pilots into the next phase. Financial institutions have invested much in the applicable corporate solutions, and real solutions will start to bear fruit in the near future.