Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s Report: Lifestyle Commerce Drives Expanding Mobile Sales Channel For Merchants
Multi-Feature Mobile Apps Create a Unique Customer Engagement Ecosystem:
- Successful merchant mobile apps are used for more than just payments.
- These apps contain integrated features including loyalty programs, personalized marketing offers, and contests.
- The gamification of mobile apps works to replicate online game experiences in an effort to keep customers engaged through texts, push notifications, and emails.
- In some apps, customers are sent challenges or enrolled in contests to buy certain items or visit at specified times for extra discounts or more loyalty points.
- This drives higher spend and more frequent visits, and can be used as a revenue optimizer to generate more customer traffic.
- Mobile app gamification works especially well for restaurants, convenience stores, gas stations, and on-demand services such as ride-hailing.
Lifestyle commerce is a prime mover of the customer experience journey that includes using mobile apps and payments as a key channel for retail shopping. It’s not only that e-commerce has grown, but more significantly, that mobile technology plays a larger role in the checkout process both for remote and proximity payments. Mobile use for pre-buy research and payments is a greater part of retail sales than much of the conventional wisdom now believes. A new research report from Mercator Advisory Group, Lifestyle Commerce Drives Expanding Mobile Sales Channel For Merchants, focuses on how retailers can leverage consumer mobile usage.
“Mobile is increasingly the go-to choice for shopping, ordering, and paying for many consumers. Mobile devices enhance the customer experience and provide merchants more opportunities to connect with consumers whether in-store or online,” commented Raymond Pucci, Director, Merchant Services Practice at Mercator Advisory Group, the author of this report.