PSCU, the nation’s premier payments credit union service organization (CUSO), has announced an impressive lineup of speakers for its Member Forum 2020, which will be held April 21-23 in San Francisco. At the company’s largest annual event, attendees will have the opportunity to hear from NBA legend turned entrepreneur Earvin “Magic” Johnson, former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and University of Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly, among others. Registration for Member Forum 2020 is now open to PSCU Owner credit unions and can be accessed here. The theme for this year’s event, “Bridge to the Future,” highlights the importance of discovering new possibilities around every corner.
“We look forward to bringing together PSCU Owner credit unions, employees, partners, vendors and more for three days of collaboration filled with industry ideas, insights, inspiration and celebration,” said Dean Young, EVP, chief experience officer at PSCU. “With its diverse and visionary spirit, San Francisco – a city where innovation is a way of life – has something for everyone, and it will serve as the perfect backdrop for our collective bridge to the future. We look forward to another fantastic event and can’t wait to see everyone there, including our lineup of outstanding speakers.”
Keynote speakers at Member Forum 2020 include:
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson, NBA Legend, Hall of Famer, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist. Having left the basketball court for the boardroom, Johnson has successfully parlayed his skills and tenacity from the court into the business world as chairman and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises (MJE), which provides high-quality products and services that focus primarily on ethnically diverse and underserved urban communities. Still a commanding presence in popular culture, Johnson made history in 2012 when he became co-owner of the MLB’s Los Angeles Dodgers. He also co-owns the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA, Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Football Club and eSports franchise Team Liquid, while continuing to expand his influence through his many businesses, including EquiTrust Life Insurance Company and SodexoMAGIC, a food service and facilities management company.
- Condoleezza Rice, 66th U.S. Secretary of State. From January 2005 to 2009, Rice served as the 66th Secretary of State of the United States, the second woman and first African American woman to hold the post. Rice also served as President George W. Bush’s Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (National Security Advisor) from January 2001 to 2005, the first woman to hold the position. Currently, Rice is the Denning Professor in Global Business and the Economy at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Thomas and Barbara Stephenson Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution and a professor of Political Science at Stanford University. She is a founding partner of RiceHadleyGates, LLC, an author/co-author of numerous books and serves on the boards of DropBox, an online storage technology company; C3, an energy software company; and Makena Capital, a private endowment firm. In addition, she is vice chair of the board of governors of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and a trustee of the Aspen Institute.
- Brian Kelly, Head Football Coach, University of Notre Dame. In his 28th season as a collegiate head coach and ninth year at the University of Notre Dame, Coach Kelly brings a championship tradition as the school’s 29th head football coach. Coach Kelly is the winningest active coach in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) and fifth-winningest coach in Notre Dame school history. Additionally, he is the only coach to win The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award more than once (2009, 2012 and 2018).
- Stefan Olander, founder of BrandNew. One of the world’s leading digital innovators, Olander has led several groundbreaking global initiatives that have unlocked state-of-the-art and engaging consumer experiences over the past 15 years. Prior to founding BrandNew, Olander held several key leadership positions with Nike Inc., including vice president, Global Digital Innovation. Blending his passion for the digital world with deep consumer understanding, he led several of Nike’s most innovative initiatives, including “The Nike+ Human Race” for the Beijing Olympics in 2008, Nike+ FuelBand and Apple Watch Nike+ experience, among others. In 2012, Olander co-authored “Velocity: The Seven New Laws for a World Gone Digital,” with Ajaz Ahmed, founder and Chairman of AKQA, and was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Creative People in Business.
- Raj Seshadri, president, Data & Services, Mastercard. In her role, Seshadri is responsible for the company’s global data and services products and solutions that reinforce core payments. Seshadri is a member of the Mastercard Management Committee and serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Raymond James Financial Inc., the Management Board for the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Board of Trustees of Mount Holyoke College and the Global Board of the American India Foundation. As an adjunct professor, she teaches at the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University.
Additionally, Sarah Thomas, one of Sports Illustrated’s 100 Most Influential NFL Figures of All Time, will speak during this year’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Breakfast at Member Forum on April 23. Thomas changed the game in the world’s most quintessential male-dominated sport – football – when she became the first female NFL official in 2015. Since her addition to the NFL’s roster of officials, she has become a trail-blazing inspiration for all, embodying the notion that with a belief in self, inner drive, hard work, preparation and a mindset of being the best you can be, no barrier or ceiling is impenetrable.
In addition to dynamic keynote speakers, senior leadership sessions and strategic insights on the future of payments and other industry-leading topics, Member Forum will provide attendees with all the tools necessary to exceed member expectations and meet evolving consumer demands. Topics for breakout sessions will include digital banking and payments, fraud trends and authentication, faster payments, data and analytics, member-centered design, contact center best practices and more. For more information or to register for Member Forum 2020, visit pscu.com/memberforum2020.
PSCU, the nation’s premier payments CUSO, supports the success of 1,500 credit unions representing more than 3.8 billion transactions annually. Committed to service excellence and focused on innovation, PSCU’s payment processing, risk management, data and analytics, loyalty programs, digital banking, marketing, strategic consulting and mobile platforms help deliver possibilities and seamless member experiences. Comprehensive, 24/7/365 member support is provided by contact centers located throughout the United States. The origin of PSCU’s model is collaboration and scale, and the company has leveraged its influence on behalf of credit unions and their members for more than 40 years. Today, PSCU provides an end-to-end, competitive advantage that enables credit unions to securely grow and meet evolving consumer demands. For more information, visit pscu.com.