CO-OP Financial Services will focus its THINK 20 Virtual event on how credit unions can set their strategy to be the financial services providers most able to help Americans in the COVID-19 economic environment.
The THINK 20 Virtual event will be held Thursday, May 7, over three information-packed sessions, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pacific time. Offered as a value-add to CO-OP’s in-person conference being held in August, THINK 20 Virtual is a free event open to all credit unions. Complimentary registration can be completed immediately at https://co-opthink.org/virtual-registration.
“THNK 20 Virtual’s theme is ‘Activate Your Next: Our Path Forward Together,’ and we are encouraged to offer a forum in which all credit unions can be part of an interactive national conversation for a single half-day, during this key moment in time,” said Samantha Paxson, Chief Experience Officer, for CO-OP.
“Serving members in their everyday lifestyles, not just at key life stages, is the best way to provide financial wellness for members and long-term growth for credit unions,” said Paxson “What does this lifestyle look like now, in the wake of COVID-19? During THINK 20 Virtual we will explore the ‘new normal’ financial landscape, and how credit unions can live their mission, chart their own way forward and contribute to getting the economy back on track, one member at a time.”
Agenda Tailored to ‘The Now and the Next’ in Meeting the Needs of Credit Unions and Their Members
With the “right now” experiences of all Americans shifting daily, THINK 20 Virtual’s agenda is equally tailored to “the next.” Presenters will examine how payments and technology can help credit unions play a more meaningful role in members’ lives both now and in the near future. Speakers and topics include:
- Jean Chatzky, TODAY Show Financial Editor, will emcee the THINK 20 Virtual event, as she will for the THINK 20 in-person conference in August. Chatzky will deliver a keynote presentation on “The New Normal of Consumer Financial Wellness.”
- Ryan Battles, a Principal in the Financial Services office of EY, will speak on “COVID-19 Scenario Planning for Credit Unions: Respond, Stabilize, Recover and Transform.”
- Nikhil Lele, Americas Financial Services Digital Leader for EY, will help CO-OP unveil the Credit Union Strategic Investment Assessment Powered by CO-OP and backed by EY NextWave™. This new, proprietary assessment will be available to all registrants of the THINK 20 in-person conference. Customized by CO-OP for credit unions and backed by EY’s NextWave consumer financial research, the assessment program provides credit unions with a strategic blueprint for institutional growth.
- Roy Choi, celebrity chef and community activist, will speak on “Adapting to Change, Building Community and Transforming the Self.”
- Samantha Paxson, on “Why ‘Activate Your Next’ and What That Means Right Now.” Paxson will detail how embracing the shift from “Primary Financial Institution” (PFI) to “Primary Financial Relationship” (PFR) can greatly affect a credit union’s success in the digital economy.
- Todd Clark, President/CEO of CO-OP, who will discuss how CO-OP is “Investing with Intention” to help credit unions grow.
- Bruce Dragt, Chief Product Officer of CO-OP, will demonstrate how CO-OP has designed its solution lines and roadmap to drive daily member usage and lifestyle engagement.
The full agenda for THINK 20 Virtual is available, and attendees can register for free immediately, at https://co-opthink.org/virtual-registration.
“Both the THINK 20 Virtual event and THNK 20 in-person conference are all about helping credit unions become a member’s Primary Financial Relationship – and, truly, American consumers have never needed a PFR more than they do right now,” said Paxson. “Both of our THINK programs will help credit unions pivot to the strategic needs of today and make positive shifts in the way they serve members.”
CO-OP is hosting the THINK 20 in-person conference from August 17-20, at the Omni Hotel in Dallas, Texas. To register immediately at the “Summer Special” rate of $1,699, $300 off full price, visit https://co-opthink.org. In light of the uncertainties created by COVID-19, all registrants are protected with CO-OP’s Risk-Free Registration Policy and may cancel at any time with a full refund through August 1, 2020.
About CO-OP Financial Services
CO-OP Financial Services is a payments and financial technology company whose mission is ensuring the success of the credit union movement. CO-OP payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service. For more information, visit www.co-opfs.org.