Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s Report: Lifestyle Commerce Drives Expanding Mobile Sales Channel For Merchants
6 Key Dynamics Influencing Mobile as a Commerce Channel:
- COVID-19 has accelerated payment behavior changes.
- Contactless payments are becoming more mainstream.
- Accessibility mandates ensure anyone can take advantage of mobile commerce.
- More day-to-day purchasing can be accomplished with a mobile phone.
- Digitization drives easy merchant adoption of payment technology.
- Demographics favor increased mobile device usage.
Lifestyle commerce is a prime mover of the customer experience journey that includes using mobile apps and payments as a key channel for retail shopping. It’s not only that e-commerce has grown, but more significantly, that mobile technology plays a larger role in the checkout process both for remote and proximity payments. Mobile use for pre-buy research and payments is a greater part of retail sales than much of the conventional wisdom now believes. A new research report from Mercator Advisory Group, Lifestyle Commerce Drives Expanding Mobile Sales Channel For Merchants, focuses on how retailers can leverage consumer mobile usage.
“Mobile is increasingly the go-to choice for shopping, ordering, and paying for many consumers. Mobile devices enhance the customer experience and provide merchants more opportunities to connect with consumers whether in-store or online,” commented Raymond Pucci, Director, Merchant Services Practice at Mercator Advisory Group, the author of this report.