Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left corner of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s report – Tech Forward Shoppers: A Retailer’s Dream.
Generally speaking, retail loyalty programs work:
- Overall, 53% of consumers in loyalty programs report visiting those stores more often
- 56% of loyalty program members report spending more at those retailers
- Apparel leads industry categories with 62% of consumers reporting increased visits from loyalty membership
- Grocery, restaurant, & entertainment trail other verticals with 54% of consumers reporting increased visits from loyalty
- Loyalty programs also increase spend: 64% of consumers enrolled with online-only retailers report increases
- Home improvement trails other verticals with 56% of enrolled consumers reporting increased spend
About this report
Mercator Advisory Group’s latest Primary Data report, Tech Forward Shoppers: A Retailer’s Dream is the based on the company’s 2019 Buyer PaymentsInsight Survey (formerly Customer Merchant Experience Survey). The online survey of 3,000 U.S. adult consumers, which was conducted in March 2019, explores consumers’ merchant experiences as they shop in-store, online, and via mixed channels. The survey was designed with the goal of defining and highlighting consumer expectations for optimal experiences with merchants.
This third report of three on the survey’s findings looks more specifically at the emerging behavior patterns of customers as they shop in-store, online, via mobile. The report’s analysis of the findings offers insights into how consumers shop, how their attitudes toward technology impact their shopping behavior, and how loyalty program membership drives the way they shop.