Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower left corner of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s report – Are You Prepared for Mastercard and Visa to Enter Your Market?
- Alternative Finance providers face a high risk from a large competitor with significant resources and market in Mastercard Vyze
- Alternative Finance providers with targeted solutions should mitigate risk by exploring partnership options immediately
- There is always a risk that should the Mastercard Vyze market fail to develop, the cost and effort of adoption would prove unprofitable
- Mastercard Vyze presents an opportunity for Merchant Acquirers to provide new financing options through e-commerce and POS
- Merchant Acquirers also have an opportunity to create their own alternative financing solutions with Mastercard Vyze
- For Merchant Acquirers who already have an alternative financing solution, this is an opportunity to deliver across a broader community
About the report
New business units launched by the two large networks will compete with banks, processors, and fintech suppliers.
The debut of Mastercard Vyze and Visa Next should cause banks, credit unions, alternative finance suppliers, payment platform providers, acquirers, and payment solution providers to carefully evaluate their options. This Viewpoint describes the new business models and analyzes the opportunities and risks these new business models represent to other market participants.