Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s Report: North American PaymentsInsights, U.S.: Data Summary Report; ATM Usage and Preferences
Preferred Method for Getting Cash By Gender:
- Overall, 40% of U.S. consumers prefer using an ATM to get cash back when making a purchase in a store.
- Another 40% of consumers prefer getting cash via cash back through a debit purchase.
- Men are more likely to prefer using an ATM (50%) than getting cash back with a debit purchase (36%) to get cash.
- Women are more likely to prefer getting cash back with a debit purchase (44%) than using an ATM (30%) to get cash.
- Overall, 21% of consumers prefer whichever method is more convenient to get cash.
- More women (27%) than men (14%) prefer whichever method is more convenient to get cash back.
Mercator Advisory Group’s most recent report, North American PaymentsInsights, U.S.: Data Summary Report; ATM Usage and Preferences documents consumers’ current usage metrics of ATMs in the U.S. national market. The survey of 3,000 U.S. adults (December 2020) represents a continuation of a series of consumer and business surveys conducted annually by Mercator Advisory Group since 2009.
This Data Summary Report presents the survey results for U.S. consumers’ use of ATMs, through commonly-used graphs with core demographic breakdowns, for easy incorporation in planning/analysis documents. This is just one of multiple Data Summary and Analysis Reports on the United States for program subscribers from this survey, on topics including Buy Now, Pay Later lending, bill payment, subscription buying, fraud experiences, and effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“These survey results provide up-to-date baseline data for financial institutions and other stakeholders serving the U.S. market,” stated Amy Dunckelmann, Vice President, Research Operations at Mercator Advisory Group. “The U.S. continues as a dynamic market for the ATM industry.”