Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left corner of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s report – Tech Forward Shoppers: A Retailer’s Dream.
Tech forward consumers are a little hypocritical:
- Tech forward consumers are more likely to research online before buying (58% vs. 48% average)
- Tech forward consumers are more price sensitive to online buying (44% vs 34% laggards)
- Tech forward consumer (32%) are less patient than average (24%) when it comes to shipping times
- Meanwhile, 36% of tech forward consumers would rather go into a store to view a product vs. average (26%)
- Only 39% of tech forward consumers rank free shipping as important vs. average (52%)
- Only 33% of tech forward consumers rank online price as important vs. average 41%
- Only 23% of tech forward consumers rank convenience as important to online shopping vs. 42% average
About this report
Mercator Advisory Group’s latest Primary Data report, Tech Forward Shoppers: A Retailer’s Dream is the based on the company’s 2019 Buyer PaymentsInsight Survey (formerly Customer Merchant Experience Survey). The online survey of 3,000 U.S. adult consumers, which was conducted in March 2019, explores consumers’ merchant experiences as they shop in-store, online, and via mixed channels. The survey was designed with the goal of defining and highlighting consumer expectations for optimal experiences with merchants.
This third report of three on the survey’s findings looks more specifically at the emerging behavior patterns of customers as they shop in-store, online, via mobile. The report’s analysis of the findings offers insights into how consumers shop, how their attitudes toward technology impact their shopping behavior, and how loyalty program membership drives the way they shop.