Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left corner of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s report – 2019 U.S. PaymentsInsights – Technology and Fraud: Consumer Concern Is Real.
The Most Popular Fraud Prevention Actions Shoppers Take Are:
- Looking for the secure site symbol in the browser address bar is the most popular fraud prevention action.
- 52% of consumers look for the secure site symbol in the browser address bar.
- The second most popular is “shopping at e-commerce retailers I trust”, at 41% of consumers.
- Only one action consumers take to prevent fraud is payments related:
- 19% of shoppers switch to a payment method they feel is safer.
- 24% of shoppers check ratings and reviews on other trusted sites to determine if a website is trusted.
- 12% of US shoppers take no action to prevent fraud when online shopping.
Mercator Advisory Group’s most recent consumer survey report, Technology and Fraud: Consumer Concern Is Real, from the bi-annual North American PaymentsInsights series, takes an in-depth look at U.S. consumers’ current perspectives on technology and fraud.
This report explores how technology and fraud impact consumers lives and, in particular, the way they shop and pay for things. This includes detail on not only what they do but also how they feel about these two important consumer issues.