Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left corner of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s report – North American PaymentInsights, U.S. – ATMs: No Fee for Me.
- 14% of US consumers don’t use to get cash at all.
- In contrast, 4% of US consumers use to get cash daily.
- The largest portion (22%) of US consumers use to get cash a few times a month.
- 13% of US consumers use to get cash weekly.
- 27% of US consumers never use to deposit cash.
- 30% of US consumers never use to deposit checks.
- About 13% of US consumers use a few times a year to get cash, deposit cash, and deposit checks.
Mercator Advisory Group’s most recent consumer survey report, ATMs: No Fee for Me, from the 2019 Technology Survey of the bi-annual North American PaymentsInsights series, examines U.S. consumers’ current use of and perspective on ATMs.
The report, which is based on an online panel survey administered to 3,006 U.S. adults in November-December 2019, presents results from questions exploring how adults in the United States use ATMs for cash withdrawals, deposits, and other transaction types. It also presents data on their opinions about paying ATM fees and methods of authenticating users at the ATM.