Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell in the lower-left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode publishes.
Data for today’s episode is provided by Mercator Advisory Group’s Viewpoint: 2022 Outlook: Credit
Seven Positive Trends That Will Shape Credit Cards in 2022:
- Issuers are battling on card features, not pricing.
- Reduced delinquency creates the capacity to reinvest in operations.
- Better FICO scores widen the acquisition pool.
- The card industry is nimble.
- Fraud technologies evolve.
- New and revitalized issuers emerge.
- E-Commerce continues to grow.
Mercator looks back to 2020 and ahead to 2022 to provide our perspective on the merchant services and transaction processing ecosystems. Our forecast for this year was very accurate, COVID-19 notwithstanding, and we are confident that our roadmap for next year will be a great resource for you as you develop your strategy for your own business.